(Not loving that title, but I’m going with it for the time being.)
- Family – I have an amazing family. They support, encourage, love, and tease me – all important things. My children’s smiles brighten my day like nothing else.
- Friends – I’m so grateful for friends who laugh with me, and hold me up when I cry. I am blessed with both a wide and deep support system.
- Faith – I’m thankful for the freedom to believe, learn, and worship in the ways I choose to. And grateful for a God that shows mercy, grace, and love.
- Health – I love healthy foods, and enjoy exercise. I’m grateful that those two things help make good health easier to achieve and maintain.
- Freedom – I mentioned this in #3, but it goes so much deeper. I’m not scared to walk out my door, post whatever I want on social media, read my Bible in public, or desire an education. I’m so thankful for the men and women who have fought so that I can enjoy these freedoms.
- Laughter – I love to laugh. The end.
- Strength – I don’t mean physical strength, but I’m thankful for the mental and emotional strength I’ve been able to draw upon throughout 2015. I feel even stronger going into 2016.
- Joy – This will sound overly simplistic, but life is just better when we focus on what brings us joy. I’m so very grateful for having a life full of those joys.
- Hugs – They just feel good. And hugs can communicate feelings better than any other physical touch.
- My Career – I started my own business in 2015, and it’s only getting busier for 2016 – which is a very good thing. The best part is that I get to do something I love, that I am passionate about, and that I’m good at.
- New Connections – I’ve written about this before, but I’m energized by talking with like-minded people. It’s fun to meet new people, share stories, and learn from one another. I’ve made many new connections in 2015, and I’m grateful for each one.
- Dark Chocolate – It’s simply the best. My kids bought be a Divine (fair-trade chocolate) dark chocolate caramel bar for my stocking. Unbelievably delicious.
- Coffee – I just love coffee. It’s yummy – especially with dark chocolate.
- Wine – A nice glass of Riesling pairs wonderfully with dark chocolate. 🙂
- Exercise – Grateful that I (mostly) enjoy exercise particularly because of my indulgence in #12-14.
I am pretty confident that I will be equally grateful for all of these in 2016, as well, but wanted to practice gratitude by writing a short list at the conclusion of this year. I’ve also been sitting on my #oneword for 2016 for about a week now. Stay tuned (and share yours with me!) Happy New Year, Everyone!