While I love both attending and delivering workshops, I’m a firm believer that the best professional learning is ongoing. I will work with your leadership team to develop a customed Professional Learning Plan that can include leadership and support services at every level. Some services I have offered in the past include one-on-one coaching with classroom teachers throughout a school year to lead them through transitioning from a more traditional classroom to student-driven teaching and learning.
I have worked with district technology and instructional coaches to help build capacity at the building and district level. I have led leadership teams through discovery sessions to dig into the procedures and protocols in place or in need at the building and district level. I have supported districts by working with teachers through their learning management systems, as well, to provide coaching virtually. We can design a plan together to best meet the needs of your teachers and administrators.
Virtual Learning Sessions
This is a cost-effective way to have me work with your faculty. We can schedule session using a video conferencing site at times that are flexible and convenient for your faculty to participate. These sessions can also be recorded for those members of your faculty who cannot attend live. Topics can include those mentioned above, book studies, or more. Let’s talk to explore the options.
Janelle McLaughlin, CEO and Principal Consultant
Workshops for your faculty
My workshops are interactive and fun.
They are an excellent way to immerse your faculty at all levels in learning best practices for student-driven learning. Choose from the following list of topics or we can work together to develop a customized professional learning plan for your school or district.
- Creating or Revamping Leadership Plans
- Leading Change Initiatives: Developing a strategic roadmap for sustainable change
- Flipping Staff Meetings
- Creating Engaging and Effective Professional Development
- Developing a Powerful Professional Learning Network
- Building and nurturing positive workplace cultures
- Leveraging Social Media to tell your story
- Process Management Strategies for Organizational Leadership
Student-Driven Learning Practices
- Transitioning to Student-Driven Learning
- Developing Instructional Coaching Frameworks
- The Power of Genius Hour
- Design Thinking in the Classroom
- Teaching STEM strategies across the curriculum
- Fostering Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Facilitating Communication and Collaboration
- Increasing Creativity and Innovation
- Enabling Research and Information Fluency
- Best Practices in Blended Learning Environments
- GSuite for beginners or next steps
- Using Google Apps, Extensions and Add-ons
- Intro to Office 365
- SMART Notebook
- Leveraging technology for Differentiated learning
- Developing an Innovation Strategy
- 1:1 Implementation
- Moving from Digital Native to Digital Citizen
- Formative Assessments Tools and Strategies
- Moving from Technology Integration to Digital Transformation
Working with Janelle, our teachers learned how to rethink their lessons with a focus on student engagement. Our teachers learned not only what makes an effective lesson, but what makes an effective teacher. If your teachers get half of what our teachers did, it’s worth every penny! You won’t regret it.Chris TimsTechnology Integration Specialist, Crowley, ISD
I have worked with Janelle for a few years and it was very quickly observed on how knowledgeable that she was in the instructional technology side. The greatest quality I found of Janelle was how personable she was and really strived to assist others when needed. As an Instructional technology coach, building relationships is a must if you are to make any progress in working with educators and Janelle excels in this areas well. By building those relationships, Janelle is able to work with teachers of all levels to break down walls of what they felt was impossible to a new level of possibilities.Casey SmithTechnology Integration Specialist, Crowley, ISD